Tuesday, February 25, 2014

PROPHET SULAIMAN

"To Daud We gave Sulaiman, an excellent devotee!  Who was frequent in returning to Us.  Worthy of mention is the incident when, one afternoon, excellent bred steeds, to be used in Jihad, were presented to him, and he said, "Surely I have adopted the love of these good things with a view to glorify my Rabb."  In testing race of the steed, when they disappeared from sight, he commanded, "Bring them back to me." Then he began to pass his hands over their legs and necks with affection.  Behold We also put Sulaiman to test and placed a mere body on his throne, then he turned to Us in repentance and said, "O my Rabb!  Forgive me and grant me a kingdom similar to which may not be given to any one after me.  Surely, You are the  Bountiful Giver."  We accepted his prayer and subjected the wind to his power, which blew gently in whichever direction he wanted, and the shaitans (Jinns)including all kinds of builders, divers and others fettered in chains.  We said to him, "This is Our gift, you may give or withhold to whoever you want without any accountability."  Surely, he hava place of nearness to Us and will have an excellent place of final abode." Quran, Sad, 38: 30-40





No comments:

Post a Comment