Monday, February 24, 2014

A MIGHTY TEST

 "Ibraheem said, "I am going to take refuge with my Rabb,  He will surely guide me. O' my Rabb!  Grant me a righteous son."  So We gave him good news of a clement son.  When he reached the age to work with him, Ibraheem said to him, "O my son!  I have seen a vision that I should offer you as a sacrifice, now tell me what is your view."  He replied, "O my father!  Do as you are commanded, you will find me, if Allah so wills, of the patient." And when they both submitted to Allah and Ibraheem laid down his son prostrate upon his forehead for sacrifice, We called out to him, "O Ibraheem! stop!  You have fulfilled your vision."  Thus do We reward the righteous.  That was indeed a manifest test.  We ransomed his son for a great sacrifice and we left his good name among the later generations." Quran, As-Saffat, 37:99-108





No comments:

Post a Comment