Saturday, January 26, 2013

MARYAM AND iSA


"O Mohammad, relate to them the story of Maryam in the Book (Quran) when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.  She chose to be secluded from them.  We sent to her Our Angel and he appeared to her as a grown man.  She said, " I seek Rahman's protection against you, leave me alone if you are Godfearing."  He said," Don't be afraid, I am merely a messenger from your Rabb to tell you about the gift of a righteous son."  She said, " How can I bear a son when no man has ever touched me nor am I unchaste?"  The angel said, " So shall it be -  your Rabb says, " It is easy for Me. We wish to make him a sign for mankind and a blessing from Us, and this matter has already been decreed."  So she conceived the child and she retired to a remote place.  The pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm tree.  She cried in her anguish, " Ah! Would that I had died before this, and been long forgotten!"  An angel from beneath consoled her saying, " Do not grieve!  Your Rabb has provided a brook at your feet.  If you shake the trunk of this palm tree, it will drop fresh ripe dates upon you.  So eat, drink and refresh yourself.  If you see any human being say, "I have vowed a fast for Rahman, so I will not speak to any human being today.


Carrying the baby, she came came back to her people.  They said, "O Maryam!  You have brought something hard to believe!  O sister for Haroon!  Your father was not a bad man nor your mother an unchaste woman."  In response, she merely pointed to the baby.  They said, " How can we talk to a babe in the cradle?"  Whereupon the baby spoke out, " I am indeed a servant of Allah.  He has given me the Book and made me a Prophet.  He has made me blessed wherever I may be.  He has commanded me to establish Salah and give Zakat as long as I live.  He has exhorted me to honor my mother and has not made me arrogant, disobedient.  Peace be upon me the day I was born, day I shall die and the day I will be raised to life again."  Such was Isa, the son of Maryam, and this is a true statement about him concerning which they are in doubt."  Quran, Maryam 19: 16-34 

No comments:

Post a Comment