Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Prophet Ibraheem


"Tell them about Ibraheem (Abraham), who said to Azar, his father, "Are you taking idols as gods? Surely I see you and your people in manifest error."  Thus, We showed Ibraheem the kingdom of the heavens and the earth, so he became one of the firm believers.  When the night drew its shadow over him, he saw a star and said, "this is my Rabb."  But when it said, he said, "I do not love to worship such a god that fades away."  Afterwards he saw the moon shining, he said, "This is my Rabb."  But when it also set, he said, "If my Rabb does not guide me, I shall certainly become one of those who go astray."  Then when he saw the sun with its bright shine, he said, "This must be my Rabb, it is larger than the other two."  But when it also set, he exclaimed, "O people, I am free of your shirk (associating partners with Allah).  as far as I am concerned I will turn my face sincerely to Him, Who created the heavens and the earth, and I am not one of the mushrikeen."   Quran Al-Anam 6: 74-79

No comments:

Post a Comment